Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lowering Your Auto/Homeowner's Insurance

This is one area that we were able to lower our bill by about 45%!

For over 10 years we had insurance with a man that dh knew before we were married. Over that 10 year period of time we had never checked on insurance rates because dh always said that his friend gave us the lowest rates possible. I kept thinking about calling around but did not know where to start or who I would even call.

I was having a conversation about this with my mom and she mentioned that we should call the lady she had her insurance through. My mom said she had gotten her and my stepdad lower rates.

I called Mary and gave her all of our information and she recommended what types of coverage we needed etc. That is when I found out the great news that Mary was an insurance broker. She took all of our information from me and shopped around for me to find the lowest rates available. She called me back the next day with 3 different options to choose from. All were lower than the coverage we currently had.

We were able to get a policy with all the exact same coverages we had for $80 less per month. We also had her check our homeowners and was able to save $400 per year on homeowners too.

Mary did all the work of switching our policies. We received some papers in the mail to sign and return to her. It was really easy to make the switch.

www.frugalmnmomma.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment