Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The new me - Frugal or as dh says the cheapest wife in the world LOL

So last year I got mad enough to try to stop the neverending cycle of money in - money out.

I realized I did not want to work full time and wanted to be home more. I talked with dh about it and he was ok with it as long as we could afford it. So I started looking at what we needed to do to achieve that.

Here are some of the things I did and I will go into more detail on each item in posts to come!


Sold the boat and ATV's.
Dh sold his truck and bought an older 4 cylinder car for driving to work
Called around and got quotes for car and homeowner's insurance
Cancelled satellite and home phone
Lowered Groceries from $125/week to $60/week
Started making my own laundry soap and stopped buying paper towels
Started Couponing at Walgreens and CVS
Started Cooking more from scratch
(I do not know how to cook something unless it is out of a box so this one has been quite a challenge for me)
Joined a credit union
Ate out less, then stopped eating out

No comments:

Post a Comment